It’s time to sign up for FALL CLUBS! 😀
What is a MONTHLY CLUB at Scrap Therapy?
1. Clubs are an eight month commitment… starting either September or October depending on the dates… and running to May/June (depending on dates). When you join a specific Club you belong to that group and come to that club date each month. So if you belong to the first Saturday of the month Club… you would come the first Saturday of October, November, Dec… etc till May.
2. All Clubs will have eight ladies in them and run for eight months.
3. Each month you commit to spending: $35
**$15 goes to club teacher for their time and class supplies, and $20 minimum is spent in whatever you like from the Scrap Therapy store! (Note this is a slight increase from last year.) It’s a great way to learn new techniques, get stuff done and belong to a fun community of crafters!
4. If you are sick or for any reason miss the club you MUST still spend your committed $35 within a couple days preferably. If you miss your club, make up classes are not available. Kimi will keep any of the class supplies used for you when you come spend your monthly commitment.
5. I will give you a supply list of what to bring that month. EVERY MONTH you must bring your BASIC SUPPLY KIT. (see below for a list of the Basic supply kit. Art Journal clubs will have a different Basic supply kit they will need- it will be emailed after signing up) You can purchase the supplies from the Scrap Therapy store at your Club time and use it towards your monthly purchase if you like but it’s up to you– you can bring stuff from your stash and use stuff up!
6. When I send you a supply list I will also send you a picture of the sample for you to see. You don’t have to do the same theme or papers as me, you pick whatever theme you want to work on and bring your supplies to match. You will do the same layout sketch or mini book or whatever I’m teaching but by using your own pictures and paper it’s pretty awesome to see all the different projects at the end of the class! I will provide new products for everyone to use as well… so if we are trying out alcohol inks, I don’t expect you to buy them… you will use mine during the class and see if you like them! That’s part of the $15 teacher/supply fee. :))
7. Hostess- once during the EIGHT months YOU will be the hostess. On your hostess month, You can invite a GUEST to join us for free (they need to bring their supplies as well)! And you get the HOSTESS BENEFITS that month!! whoot whoot!
The Monthly Hostess will receive 10% of sales from their club!!
:)) I will add up all the sales for that club month (the $15 class fee is not included in this total)… then depending on how much the sales are – gives you the amount of free product you will receive. :)) So eight ladies x $20 minimum purchase each = $160… that means the hostess gets to pick $16 in FREE Scrap Therapy product! It’s usually between $20-30 in free stuff, depending on the sales that night.
WHAT KINDS OF CLUBS ARE THERE?
I run many different clubs per month including a Multi Club, Layout Club, Art Journal Club and Tim Holtz Folio Club. See more information below. 😀
Saturday — 9:00am to 11:30am
***This club is a mixture of projects including 3 cards, 3 projects and 2 layouts mixed up over the eight months. (Club fees do not include adhesive. You will need to bring the supplies listed in the Basic Supply kit listed below.)
6:30pm to 9:00pm
****This club will be all about ART Journaling. You will need to bring your own art journal, Paintbrushes (in 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″ etc), gesso, paste and other items I’ll send a list for each month. Each month we will explore new techniques (stamp, paints, stenciling, etc) with art journaling. We won’t use pictures but focus on quotes/themes/techniques and trying fun new products. (if your not sure what Art Journaling is, google it under images and you’ll get a rough idea of what we’ll be doing each month) (Club fees do not include adhesive. You will need to bring the supplies listed in the Basic Supply kit listed below.)
6:30pm to 9:00pm
****This club will be all LAYOUTS. Some months will be double 12″ x 12″ layouts and some months will be single 12″x12″ layouts. Each month you will need to bring your photos and all supplies. It’s cool doing it this way, because then you follow my sample, learn new techniques, but use your color choices and finish a layout that suits your style! While being stretched in new ideas and getting some of those photos scrapbooked! (Club fees do not include adhesive. You will need to bring the supplies listed in the Basic Supply kit listed below.)
Tim Holtz FOLIO CLUB:
6:30pm to 9:00pm
****We will use the Tim Holtz large folio and add pages, flips and pockets to our Memory book each month. Kimi will lead you through each month with instructions and guidance to complete a portion of the folio so it’s paced out and finished it in 8 months. This is a very elaborate Memory book that is great for a special occasion like a wedding, baby, travel, grad etc. You will choose your own theme/papers and embellishments etc that are included in the monthly cost. 🙂 This Club is a bit different…. there is no monthly shop. It’s a flat $40 per month (that includes the $200 in supplies and $15 class fee per month). The first month will require two payments, so $80 for the first month, then $40 per month for the remaining months with the last month being free. 🙂 This way it helps me pay for some of the supply costs at the beginning. 🙂 There will be no monthly hostess or benefits. I will fit up to 12 ladies per folio club. 🙂 Each participant will meet with Kimi 2 weeks BEFORE club starts to choose papers/theme/supplies etc so that she has lots of time to help you choose supplies and order any materials needed. (Club fees do not include adhesive. You will need to bring the supplies listed in the Basic Supply kit listed below.)
Please let me know if you would like to sign up for any CLUBS! :))
BASIC SUPPLY KIT: **MUST BE BROUGHT TO ALL CLUBS
-ruler & pencil
-brown and/or black ink are good to bring along if you like distressing
So now that you know what CLUBS are and how they run… it’s time to sign up!
Here’s who is signed up so far and what spaces I have left open for FALL 2017-2018:
1st Saturday of the Month: (It will start October) **FULL
DATES: Sept.30, Nov.4, Dec.2, Jan.6, Feb.3, Mar.3, Apr.7, May 5, June 2.
1. Melody Link 5. Angela Hendriksen
2. Connie Hunt 6. Christine Henry
3. Brenda Anderson 7. Cindy Ranson
4. Carolyn Shannon 8. Nancy Reid
9. Cindy Ghostkeeper
ART JOURNAL CLUBS:
1st Tuesday of the Month: (It will start October) **ONE SPOT OPEN**
DATES: Sept.26 (moved from Oct.3), Nov.7, Dec.5, Jan.2, Feb.6, Mar.6, Apr.3,
1. Sam Smith 5. Karen Warner
2. Shelley Killburn 6. Jeanette Cunningham
3. Sarah Brown 7. Mariann Henderson
4. Tess Healy 8. Julia Clemson
3rd Monday of the Month: (It will start in September) **FULL**
DATES: Sept 25 (moved from Sept. 18), Oct. 16, Nov.20, NO Dec, Jan.15, Feb.26 (Moved from Feb.19), Mar.19, Apr.16, May 28 (Moved from May 21st)
1. Kim Campbell 5. Lorraine McArthur
2. Sandra Campbell 6. Jen Krawczyk
3. Dawn Doyle 7. Brandi Mikaelsson
4. Angela Henriksen 8. Diane McRobert
4th Thursday of the Month: **FULL**
DATES: Sept.28, Oct.19 (moved from Oct.26), Nov.23, NO Dec, Jan.25, Feb.22, Mar.22, Apr.26, May 24, June 21
1. Judy Vasily 5. Catherine Ablett
2. Crystal Beach 6. Kelli Squires
3. Erica Schlueter 7. Karen Rogers
4. Yvonne Yaschuck 8. Emily Trepus
2nd Wednesday of the Month: **FULL**
1. Heather Wilson 5. Judy Pigeau
2. Krystal Sekulic 6. Julie Umperville
3. Mandy McLeod 7. Louise Caron
4. Lynn Loehndorf 8. Tess Healy
Tim Holtz FOLIO CLUB:
2nd Thursday of the Month:
Dates are– Oct.12, Nov.9, Dec.14, Jan.11, Feb.8, Mar.8, Apr.12, May 10
- Judy Vasily
- Sam Verity
- Terri McClymont
- Sandra Campbell
- Kim Campbell
- Sandy Allman
- Susan Wolf
- Diane Treneman
- Theresa Smedly
- Lisa Kirby
- Connie Hunt
3rd Tuesday of the Month:
Dates are– Sept.19, Oct.17, Nov.21, NO Dec., Jan.16, Feb.20, Mar.20, Apr.17, May 15
- Sue Sharkey
- Val Radley
- Angela Worth
- Angela Voldeng
- Sherry Sweet
- Tess Healy
Here are some sample photos from previous CLUBS
ART JOURNAL CLUB: